MIDI Editing - Doubled Notes? [SOLVED]

Ryan_Warner

Hello,

I'm working on a track and just realized that all of my midi events are doubled up (ie. one note is hiding under another causing uneccesarry badness).

I want to simply delete the top layer of midi events. I've tried highlight and dragging to isolate the top layer but it moves both sets of events. However, if I click on a single event and drag it reveals the note below.

Is there a way to remove my top layer of notes without having to go through note-by-note and deleting?

Thanks,

Ryan

I'm working on a track and just realized that all of my midi events are doubled up (ie. one note is hiding under another causing uneccesarry badness)......Is there a way to remove my top layer of notes without having to go through note-by-note and deleting?

The real question is, why do you have duplicate notes?

Are you using a MIDI keyboard? If so, how is it connected to your computer? MIDI cables? USB cable? Both perhaps?

• 5 years later...
Try Functions > Delete MIDI Events > Duplicates

Hi, Eric.

I'm having trouble getting this feature to work in the Piano Roll and in the Tracks Window. As a test, I created a blank session with a line of MIDI notes, duplicated the notes on a track, and placed them on top of each other. In either window, I select all the notes/regions then select Edit > Delete MIDI Events > Duplicates and nothing happens. Is this a bug or am I using it wrong?

Bom dia Paul!

That sounds strange… you shouldn't even have to select the notes.

Do you have duplicate regions or are all notes on the same region?

Thanks for responding, Eric.

The notes are in the same region and are directly on top of each other. There’s only one region in the session. Is there another condition I can test to make this work?

Thanks.

Your notes are 4 ticks from being duplicates.

They need to have the same start position, pitch, and MIDI channel to count as duplicates.

Ah ha! I thought there might be a threshold the notes could be within to count as duplicates. Is there a method to get rid of notes like these that are coping mistakes, but not exact duplicates?

Thank you so much for having a look at that.