Opening Old Logic Sessions issue

bluestarstudios

Hi,

So in short: I have an old logic session that I need to open up and make some changes in. Upon opening the project I get informed that a couple plugins are missing ("Kontakt Player", "Kontakt 2" and "Atmosphere"). And rightfully so, because the Kontakts have been replaced with 5, and Omnisphere has replaced Atmosphere. I know that there is no way to get these things to work without keeping older versions of these plugins installed. I don't necessarily need them to work, I just need to find out what the patches were to load them in their equivalent new plugins. I tried opening the "DocumentData" file from the session package in TextEdit to search for some clues but the plist's have a bunch of gibberish under "data". Is there any way to decipher this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

D

Unless the plugin has it's own folder for patches, & the needed patches are saved & compatible with later versions, You may need to have the original versions installed. I have multiple versions of Guitar Rig for this very reason. I have Logic channel strip settings saved but not patches within the plugin's own folders. The only time I save a patches in a plugin's own patch folders is if I want to open that same patch in another DAW. I do this a lot with BFD2 and Guitar Rig to open in Ableton, but I don't know anything about Konakt or atmosphere. I imagine the situation is similar...

Yes.. Unfortunately with both those plugins.. once they are updated, you cannot 'go back' and use the older versions so you need to replace them by importing the tracks from the old project into the new project.. and then reassigning the new plugin in place of the old one.

Once technique i have used in the past, when I update Kontakt (as that is the one that causes the most problems I've found..) is to bounce the Kontakt tracks of each project prior to updating... PITA if you have many projects.. but for important ones, I have done that. Otherwise i use the export/import method i described earlier.

i have a similar problem. my macbook pro is out of action for the time being so i installed logic 8 and komplete 5 into an imac. the plug ins load up, like battery and space designer, but the patches are missing. i, too, am trying to find where that data is kept. the document data you mentioned, i checked out. it's just jibberish.

i want to know why my macbook will load up a song with, let's say, a battery 909 kit time and time again, yet the imac loads up the song and battery but doesn't know to load up the specific patch for that song. where is that data kept?

if you get any breaks, please keep me posted. i'll likewise do the same for you...

Archived