Midi tracking with Triton Extreme

OD Deville

I have Logic Pro 9, Saffire 6 usb interface, and a korg triton. I have been recording all of my tracks individually from the sequencer, but it takes a long time and it is quite difficult to line up the tracks through editing. Isn't there a way that I can synch all my tracks through MIDI? Please assist for I will be old and grey before I get all my music tracked into logic pro!

Hello OD Deville, and welcome to Logic Pro Help. Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

You can sync your sequencer with Logic: have your sequencer send MTC (MIDI Time Code) to Logic and have Logic slave to it (Settings > Synchronization then Sync Mode = MTC).

Then use the following article to assign different MIDI channels to different tracks in Logic: Control Multiple Instruments on Different MIDI Channels

Hi,

You could simply save your song as .mid file and import it in logic and then use the synth as a sound module. The Triton sequencer can't send MTC, it can only send or recceive Midi clock.

You could also sync Logic and Triton with logic as master Midi clock. Insert a blank one bar at the start of your Triton sequence, start recording in Logic on an external midi track and extract midi info by midi channel. You'll have all your midi info in one go. Make sure your track's status are all on BOTH in the Triton. And, this part i'm not sure, but i think Local Control must be ON for the Triton sequencer to output the midi info to its output port. Make sure you put it back OFF when done to prevent midi echo.

Blink

Archived