Narrowed down my audio interface to four choices

Hello, I'm looking to get an audio interface soon, done lots of researching online and narrowed my choice down to the following four interfaces:

- Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

- Presonus audiobox 1818VSL

- RME fireface 800

- Motu 896mk3

I wondered what other people's experience of these interfaces are? Basically i need five mic preamps (3 vocals, up to 2 mic'd guitar amps) and 2 instrument inputs (for directly plugging 2 guitars in at the same time, in which case mics would not be used), plus line in x 2 for a synth/piano and possibly midi.

I am under the impression that, with the RME, you could only have one guitar plugged directly into the single instrument input and you would need a DI box to plug one into one of the preamps, is this correct?

They all have pros and cons, liquid 56 has all the inputs but the silly FW400 for which i would need a 400-800 adaptor. RME is well expensive and has only 1 instrument input but I hear very good things. Motu has no midi from what i can see.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers, Rich

It would be for recording, but live if you know what i mean, so two guitarists and a keyboard player, all with a separate vocal mic (as well as recording individual tracks). So I would need the 5 pres, but yeah like you say either I can get 2/4 on an interface and get a separate pre module or get 8 in one interface. I was thinking the 8 cos it would probably be a bit cheaper (unless its RME) and i've got some spare cash for mics.

Ive been using the liquid 56 for about 3 years now and definatly like it.

The 2 liquid preamps even have made me decide to get the Liquid Mix 32 as well.

Runs really smooth.

Do you use a 400 - 800 adaptor for it? I know on the focusrite website it says that people have had problems with 400 - 800 cable and should use a particular adaptor.