Problem in Sample Editor :cutting/delete parts of a sample

nezramusic

Hey guys,

I recently switched to Logic Pro 9. I hope you guys can give me some help with a problem. When i delete/cut a part of sample in the sample editor i get the following warning:

Warning! The selected portion will be permanently deleted (the audio file stored on your hard drive will be overwritten).

This is not what i want ,because the original sample on my hard disk will change.What i want is that the original sample on my HD will not change and only in my logic project the part of the sample will be cut/deleted.

Is there a way in logic to cut/delete (parts of samples) and the original sample on the harddisk will not change? Can i change something in the preferences in Logic or in the sample editor itself?

Thanks!

Nezra

Can i change something in the preferences in Logic or in the sample editor itself?

No. editing in the sample editor is destructive. If you want non-destructive editing do your cutting on regions in the arrange window.

If you still prefer to do it in sample editor, you could always make a copy of the file and edit that.

J.