Midi volume problem/pad instrument problem? [SOLVED]

Soundwaves

Okay, so I am recording a specific midi region with a pad instrument. My problem is that whenever i put that region into loop mode, the velocity changes on the same exact location when it SHOULD be the same. Basically, the track is playing the instrument louder on one loop of the instrument than the next loop. So when i record one note at 4 units of velocity at 1:00 and put it in loop mode, upon its treurn, that same note is playing at 7 units of velocity at 1:00. I am not using automation or anything. I just want my loops to be consistent with my actual recordings.

Why is logic altering my velocities when it is in loop mode and SHOULD be playing the same exact information back to me??

edit: I am thinking that this is specifically a PAD problem. This happens with my pad instruments only......

Attach your project to this thread, indicating which region is causing the issue.

well here is a pic of the looped region. it should be playing the same thing over and over.....notes, velocity, everything.

but upon return (the second time around), the velocity changes at the same spot and gets louder for some reason than it was before.

423408018_ScreenShot2012-11-11at11_08_44PM.thumb.png.63212e4aded159be0006158b4de7d103.png

Try moving all your regions one bar to the right, set the Project Start Marker back to bar 1, and see what happens.

i appreciate the responses guys.

moved all regions to position 1 instead of 0 as well as the loop indicator and the problem still exists.

not sure what to do....i've recorded it several times over to see if it just that one take but it's not.

You mentioned that you moved the regions and the cycle area, but did you move the Project Start Marker to bar 1?

Logic CAN act weird when the Project Start Marker is not on 1.

i'm sorry, i didn't do that previously but just did and it did not fix the problem.

I am going to upload the audio on my soundcloud so you can hear exactly what is wrong with the problem and maybe get a better idea...i really suck at explaining these things. :(

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/sospiro-1/drunks[/soundcloud]

do you hear how the velocity of the pad changes? sometimes its way too loud and sometimes it is extremely soft. it should be constant but it isn't. All velocity and volume indicators are in proportion so i don't know why this happens.

Can you attach your project to this thread? Not a picture or the audio, but the project itself: locate the project file in the Finder, control-click it and choose "Compress...." then attach the resulting .zip file to this thread.

i pressed command+F, located the project file, and control+clicked on it....but do not see any compress options.

i am sure i am doing something wrong though, seeing that i am not completely used to macs yet.

398641115_ScreenShot2012-11-12at12_14_58AM.png.fc9ceb17a0dcbe915d0bba7bb5b60f63.png

Try moving all your regions one bar to the right, set the Project Start Marker back to bar 1, and see what happens.

and...

+1111111

Not only can but usually does.....

This should be one of those golden rules that everyone should adhere to... never set up Logic to start before Bar 1... I actually always start Logic at bar 2... to give Logic's engine time to set up everything before it starts to play.. but then that's me!

and...

+1111111

Not only can but usually does.....

This should be one of those golden rules that everyone should adhere to... never set up Logic to start before Bar 1... I actually always start Logic at bar 2... to give Logic's engine time to set up everything before it starts to play.. but then that's me!

yea i have had my project crash multiple times when my project would start before 1, but i didn't even know it was at this point in this project....but now that i think about it, i think i was trying to move all tracks to the left and accidentally overdid it.

Apple should really fix this, it is kind of annoying. I like to have pick up notes in my music. i know that can be attained by moving it a few bars to the right, but it just makes me paranoid as hell now whenever the play marker is anywhere before 1.

You have a very slow LFO modulating the cutoff of your filter. If you bypass that modulation routing (see image below, click the b/p button to the top right of that specific routing), the problem disappears:

[attachment=0]Picture 4.png[/attachment]

David is God. David for prez 2016 people, PLEASE.

seriously, if there is anyway i can help you (slim chance) with anything on this forum in any way, please let me know because i am extremely grateful right now because I would've NEVER solved this problem on my own. I definitely would like to donate when i have the money because this isn't the first time you've helped me either. ok, i probably sound weird now but i just get excited when problems are solved and i can continue working due to my passion for music. really what im trying to say is.. u da bomb dave :mrgreen:

seriously, if there is anyway i can help you (slim chance) with anything on this forum in any way, please let me know because i am extremely grateful right now because I would've NEVER solved this problem on my own. I definitely would like to donate when i have the money because this isn't the first time you've helped me either. ok, i probably sound weird now but i just get excited when problems are solved and i can continue working due to my passion for music. really what im trying to say is.. u da bomb dave :mrgreen:

LOL thanks, I appreciate it! I'm glad to help, so your kind words are appreciated. If you want to help, the best way to support us is to ... simply spread the word! About our classes, the book, the forum, this website in general. Any chance you got! :wink:

I always start at Bar 3...2 bars of count in and off we go!

I hear ski starts at Bar 10. :shock:

He says it gives the toobs in his MIDI a chance to warm up!

:mrgreen:

I like to keep enough count-in to have time for a coffee and a couple of biscottis before the genius hits.

PS: This has the additional benefit of leaving ample time for ski's recording session to finish before I even start mine, for less of that bassoon-from-the-studio-down-the-street bleeding into my guitar pickups. Look, it's not industrial rock if there's a bassoon in the mix, I don't care how low in the mix.

1119953281_Picture6.png.8bd9fce940df5b2ca69514513106f7c7.png

That sounds like an annoying obstacle. I’d like to actually see what you’re talking about. I have found bugs in Logics MIDI recording concerning velocity. It’s annoying, in fact the record I’m working on now, has one track on one song where I have to go in and highlight every midi note in the piano roll otherwise, it simply decides to leave some notes out for no particular reason. And ALWAYS the first question you should ask… did you restart Logic, unplug/replug in the controller at any point in time?

That sounds like an annoying obstacle. I’d like to actually see what you’re talking about.

If you look a bit higher in the thread, the OP has attached his Logic project file to download, so you can see what he's talking about.

I have found bugs in Logics MIDI recording concerning velocity. It’s annoying, in fact the record I’m working on now, has one track on one song where I have to go in and highlight every midi note in the piano roll otherwise, it simply decides to leave some notes out for no particular reason.

Please start a new thread for your problems. This will make easier for everybody to help you and your problem without confusing the issues.

And ALWAYS the first question you should ask… did you restart Logic, unplug/replug in the controller at any point in time?

This thread was already solved, the issue was in the programming of the instrument: viewtopic.php?p=468822#p468822