what is everyone using for image sharing?

Why can I not still in the fewest possible clicks take a screenshot and share a bulletin board friendly image? I can never get the sizing right, preview sucks and i don't want to open a whole image editor to do dumb stuff like that.

What is everyone using to upload properly sized images to boards? I've tried imgur and it quickly and easily gives you links, but the resize tool didn't seem to change my image, littlesnapper is pretty limited, what's up?

Personally I think that Preview rocks - but you shouldn't even need it at all.

We do not allow the use of 3rd party website for image linking: if you want to use an image in your post/thread, please attach it to your thread using our forum's attachment upload feature so the image is hosted on our server along with your post. This allows us to make sure the image will always be available to members reading the thread, for ever, independently of what another website may do with the image or its URL address.

So when posting, make sure you click the "Post a Reply" button. If you clicked "Quick Reply" then you'll need to now click "Full Editor". Now at the bottom of the post box there's a tab called "Upload attachment".

1) Press Shift-Command-4 to get the cross-hair tool.

2) Press the spacebar to turn it into a camera tool and click the desired window, OR drag the cross-hair tool to select the area of your screen to capture.

3) Upload file to forum.

Thanks David. I love preview, it's one of my favorite apple utilites. Not knocking it for that. I seem to remember there being an issue with the way i upload before, and it didn't come up well on the forums. I already use all of those screen grab techniques, i just thought that they never meet the size requirement. I'll try that then next time!