Help Assigning/Triggering Ultrabeat sounds from pads [SOLVED

luka

I have been scouring the Internet for solutions to my problem, but I just can't seem to find any that actually work. The problem I am facing is that I cannot seem to be able to program my pads on my Axiom Pro 25 to play on one track and my keys to play on another track. When I bought my Axiom, I thought this was going to be an easy task, but apparently not..

I have seen other posts on this forum about this same problem and have tried to follow instructions there, but to no avail. Can anyone help me out?

Edited by luka

You have to set the pads and the keys to travel on separate midi channels or else they look identical to your computer. I'm not sure what's the best way to do this on new Axioms, but I use Enigma with mine (1st gen) and programming within the controller is always an option. After this, just follow David's instructions: viewtopic.php?t=32201

Edit: After re-reading your post I started wondering if I understood your problem correctly. Now, if you're trying to play different sounds with just one instance of Ultrabeat, all you need to do is to make the pad notes to match whatever Ultrabeat channels you want.

I thought I was changing my pads to the corresponding midi channels to Ultrabeat, but I guess I wasn't. What I have been told to do is to press my pad, hit edit, hit '2' (control), and change the channel to what I wanted...

Have I been mistaken? or is this the correct way to change midi channels

I thought I was changing my pads to the corresponding midi channels to Ultrabeat, but I guess I wasn't. What I have been told to do is to press my pad, hit edit, hit '2' (control), and change the channel to what I wanted...

Have I been mistaken? or is this the correct way to change midi channels

I don't know. As I told you, I use Enigma to do the programming.

In the Axiom Pro 25 manual it says:

Select the MIDI channel for the drum pad group? “Edit” → “3” (Group) → “P” (slider button)

You can monitor your MIDI traffic in Logic's transport section. The first digit after the note symbol is the MIDI channel of last played key.

Yes I have done those steps, David, and I think I'm making progress. Now I can play my pads on a different instrument track and they work, but now my keys are also playing ultrabeat even when on different instrument track. I would like to switch it so my keys play the track I'm currently on while my pads are on the Ultrabeat's midi channel. I'm sorry if these may be basic questions, I'm not very keen on the technical aspects.

EDIT: After playing around some more, I changed my global channel to the instrument channel I wanted it to be on and it worked :)

Thank you everyone for your help.