Change key signatures with note transpositions? [SOLVED]

newb

I have an SATB choir score with several key changes and would like to transpose the whole arrangement down a minor third. Obviously I can use transform to transpose the notes, but is there a way for me to also change the key signatures appropriately without have to change them all by hand? Edited by newb

Thanx, ski. I just tried various of your suggestions in that post and none of them do what I need to do. My score in question has 13 key changes. I need to have those key changes reflected in the score as I transpose the whole score down a minor third. Make sense? I may just have to manually change each key signature in the global header.

Also, I have tried exporting the score as a standard midi file and importing it into Sibelius. The resulting keys in Sibelius are really all wacked out. I'm guessing that Logic has its own special way of dealing with key signatures. Normally in Sibelius (or all other notation programs I've used), when you transpose something, the transpositions are (or can be) reflected in the key signatures.

Thanks for your help.

Those are you only choices, so some combination of them must work.

Suggest you do the following...

Globally Transpose the entire score down a minor third. Then, go into the Global Signature track and move all key signatures down by a minor third. That should solve the entire problem.

Suggest that when you export data via MIDI file that it be "hard" data. For example, select all of your regions and in the Inspector, transpose them all down a minor third. Then use the Normalize function on those regions. The result data in Logic (and in the SMF) will be actually pitched down a minor third from the original.

Thanx, ski. I tried that, although not in the order you suggest. When I use the global transposition function in the arrange window's global tracks, I get the same result: the notes are transposed but not the key sigs. When I try to select all the key sigs in the global tracks of the arrange window, I can't seem to manipulate them all at once. So I guess I'm left with changing each of the 13 key signatures manually. Not a big deal... but, knowing Logic, I thought maybe there were a cool and easy way to do it. It wouldn't have surprised me. :)

Thanx, ski, again for your help.

Don

Hi Don,

You're welcome!

Actually, there's a way you can globally change all of your key signatures: open the Signature List. Select all signatures. Click and hold on any one of them, change it to a key that's a minor 3rd down. When you release the mouse, all selected signatures will transpose by the same amount.

Ach du liebe Zeit! Of course! Didn't even think of that. You da man. Well, in the meantime, I just changed them all manually... took me all of 5 minutes. I've wasted more of your time here in the forum than that!

Was probably better this time that I did it by hand: some of the keys needed to be enharmonically renamed (e.g.: g#m is better than Abm).

Problem solved! Thanx again!