Relative quantising

eclectic

Here's the issue, I'm recording a drum track from a Roland TD - 20 and I want to quantise the drum performance. The TD-20 outputs note information and also MIDI CC. It has a MIDI CC to record the height of the Hi-Hat pedal, It has a MIDI CC message for the triggering of the snare's rim, etc..

So if I want to quantise the drum track, I can quantise the notes, but the MIDI CC might be a bit out of sync with the notes and quantising the MIDI CC doesn't seem logical. Is there a way to keep the MIDI CC relative to the note they come before. So that they stick between that note and the previous note.

So if I want to quantise the drum track, I can quantise the notes, but the MIDI CC might be a bit out of sync with the notes and quantising the MIDI CC doesn't seem logical. Is there a way to keep the MIDI CC relative to the note they come before. So that they stick between that note and the previous note.

Quantizing at region level only affect the notes but from within the editors also affect the other events (including the CCs).

Depending of the way you adjust your parameters, applying quantization to CCs makes sense. If you intend to make your CCs just a little before their specific notes (i.e. Hi-Hat) just moves them few ticks after quantization. This could be done in a couple of clicks. Recording or moving your different instruments on their respective tracks could ease the process...