Recording Audio via AI not MIDI [SOLVED]

benjobz

Spec: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

For a few months now I've been battling with my Alesis io/2. When I bought it, it worked fine. I was able to plug my guitar/V-kit into the guitar input and record it into an Audio Track in Logic Express 9. Which was all I bought it for in the first place, so I could play in ideas for my band.

However one day about 2 months ago I was playing some guitar into logic as Audio/Wav files when it just stopped working. I couldn't figure out why this happened and every time I've tried to sort it out since then I've gotten no where.

All I want to do is record Audio, not MIDI. The Guitar I'm using is an Epiphone SG and the V-Kit I'm using is a TDK-6, both of which I've recorded with via a 1/4' lead into the Alesis io2, before the problem arose.

Any input is welcome as I'm at the end of my tether!

Thanks

Hi benjobz and welcome to Logic Pro Help.

Can you still get sound out of your audio interface? Meaning, if you try to preview for example and Apple Loop in Logic, can you hear it through your audio interface?

If not, make sure your audio interface is still selected from the input/output device menus in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio.

Hello David

Thanks for the prompt response. I can still hear everything fine through the audio interface. I have my speaker cable plugged in the phones out-put of the interface if that makes any difference? The Input/Output has been selected for my interface, so no problems their either.