IK Multimedia ARC2 plugin causes crash when inserted

Hi fellas!

I have just installed the IK Multimedia ARC2 software. The standalone app works fine, and the plugin works just dandy in GarageBand. However it crashes when I try to insert i in Logic. I have started Logic without the external plugins, run several passes of admission fixes, and have thrown out som eextentions that I thought might be the problem, but nothing helps. Any ideas?

MacBook 2 GHz Intel Core Duo 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Logic Pro 9.1.8

Regards

Tommy

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the same problem and it seems to only crash Logic when I try and initiate it for the first time in a 32 bit session. If you open up or create a session with 64 bit enabled it should work fine. If you then revert back to 32 bit you will be able to use the plugin and even add more instances of it. (If you have more than two monitor options)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem: ARC2 crashes Logic in 32-bit mode.

I tried it in 64-bit mode and with no crash, then returned to Logic 32-bit mode and again - crash.

The crash only occurs on my Output Channel, no crashes when I open ARC2 in other Audio Channels.

Very strange...