add transient to beat map

edurbrow

Just to continue... I found a workaround was often to erase a beat.

I have a bigger problem. I finished mapping the tempo for the piece. It was a live recording which I had imported to a midi and audio sequence. But all the midi tracks are off! They all start on beat one, but none of them were remapped to the new beats. What did I do wrong?

TIA

So... you have a project with both audio and MIDI; and try to beat map an audio region, and the MIDI starts to play back in a new tempo? That's how it has to be, because beatmapping audio is about inserting tempo changes in order to make the audio match the grid of the song. Meanwhile, the poor MIDI events doesn't know what's happening, and politely follow the new tempo changes. Result: chaos. :-)

I don't think I've tried to beat map a project with both MIDI and audio, but have a felling that it could help to SMPTE lock (os use Protect MIDI) on the MIDI regions before you start. I don't have time to try it out right now, but check the manual... this could be what you are looking for.

I was trying to get the grid to match the audio, which I did, but I expected the midi to move with the grid. I got around the problem by pasting in the original midi tracks from the project I saved before I imported the audio, replacing the ones that didn't move properly. The pasted tracks lined up even though the tempo map was different. I just would like to understand why the midi tracks didn't move with the grid and if there is a way to do it so they would.

Thanks