Logic 9 hardware chain issue please help?

I have my GRAID external attatched to the firewire port on the back of my mid 2010 27 ince iMac and my apogee ensemble going into the RAID and then Liquid Mix console into the apogee ensemble

The GRAID is being seen but nothing else

Logic is not seeing the apogee nor Liquid Mix

any help please?

Edited by dapacarter

I have my GRAID external attatched to the firewire port on the back of my mid 2010 27 ince iMac and my apogee ensemble going into the RAID and then Liquid Mix console into the apogee ensemble

The GRAID is being seen but nothing else

Logic is not seeing the apogee nor Liquid Mix

any help please?

Yeah, iMacs are quite limited as far as connectivity goes. The only possible "solution" I know about is this OWC mod which adds an eSATA port to 27-inch iMacs. Sounds tempting but a bit of a pain if you ask me...Even with this mod, you would then need a firewire to eSATA adapter to connect one of your devices and hope for the best. Better do some research to see if all of this is actually worth your while...or start thinking about other options...

J.

Like....

Selling the iMac and getting something with better connectivity so that you can use your Ensemble and Liquid Mix...

Selling the Liquid Mix and working with native plug-ins instead...

Going back to your previous question:

liquid mix has a firewire 400 connector which my imac does not support

do I then need to purchase some form of adaptor so the liquid mix can insert straight into the iMac?

There are FW400 to FW800 adapters out there, the one that focusrite recommends for their products is this one:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/fw_adapter.html

J.

RX is a mastering tool

No it isn't.

I am looking for a solution to my mastering issue

If you like Ozone's all-in-one approach and you like the results it gives, then by all means go for it, it's your decision.

if i was going to sell Liquid Mix where would I sell

I see you're in Málaga...I've sold stuff through Hispasonic's second-hand adds ("Mercasonic").

J.