Upgrading to OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion - Pros / Cons?

I'm currently running OSX Lion 10.7 on my iMac which I use exclusively for recording, but I have the installation for Mountain Lion as I qualified for a free upgrade. I've been reluctant to change as the way it is at the moment works well for me... but am I missing out?

The impression I've got from looking at others running it is that it's geared more towards social media and integrating with your mobile device(s) - not things I'd really benefit from having on my recording system.

Anyone here running Mountain Lion on their recording Mac? Impressions? Benefits? Drawbacks?

As just a personal opinion....

I honestly don't see any real benefit at this time, for a Logic user, to upgrade to ML from Lion if your Lion setup is working well.

At the moment, the only benefit I actually use, related to Logic... that came as part of ML... is it's ability to use Airplay to a large TV screen for teaching and demo'ing purposes.. but that facility is not available on all Apple computers so that has to be taken into account too.

Now, should Apple add some form of iCloud ability to Logic in the future.... and if that requires a ML installation then yes, I suspect it could be worth upgrading at that point...if being able use some part of iCloud with Logic, would be of benefit to the user... but that is still very much in the if stage as no one here truly knows what may or may not be planned for Logic and if such plans will require an OS upgrade in the process.

In summary, if you don't need anything specific to ML for any other use of your computer other than Logic... then, as the old adage goes.. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and in this case, it seems to me it's probably not worthwhile to upgrade to ML if your Lion setup is working fine for you... unless you need one of those specific ML features, like Airplay that i mentioned earlier.

This is, of course, just my opinion.. and other people may well have a different view on such things...but I personally have not found any real performance improvements or gains between running Logic under Lion or ML so far at least... other than for me, Airplay.

Mountain Lion runs on my MBP way faster than Lion. Upgrading to Lion made my computer slower at everything!

But I also use Avid Pro Tools 9 HD, which isn't compatible with ML, so I am truly thinking about downgrading to Snow Leopard just to use PT again as well :-/ because I have a SL install disc, I just need to buy an external Hard drive to back up my computer first.

But for Logic Pro (my bad for going off topic in that last paragraph lol.), I also truly don't see what the point is for upgrading, besides airplay, but you have to have a 2011 or later Mac model to use that, or It won't work.