Setting Metronome specifics [SOLVED]

RyanMW

I think this might be a bit of a dumb question. When I'm setting my metronome to record, in addition to the speed of the tempo, i also want it to click "1,2,3, 1, 2,3 1, 2, 3" instead of the way it normally is "1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4" which is 4/4 time i guess? I really need to learn music theory, i don't know any of this. i don't know why but the majority of my songs which i guess are kind of folky, end up necessitating the "1,2,3" beat rather than the 1,2,3,4.

thanks guys.

The way i usually achieve this is as follows;

Click on the disclosure arrow to the left of Global Tracks to reveal the Signature track...

Double left click on the default 4/4 signature (as highlighted in the screenshot) and change it, via the dialog box that will appear, to 3/4 or whatever you wish.

You can also use this method to change the Sig to different settings throughout a piece... For example starting in 4/4 and then changing to 3/4 after say, 8 bars.. and then changing to 6/8 after another 16 bars.. as a quick example of what i mean.

283526128_SetKeySig.png.bcc78156addf480b632c33302534331c.png