Feedback please before/after - Blamster

mrMRKelly

Following from my previous post, i think I've finished mixing my new song "Blamster" (only name i could think of ;))

I would really appreciate some feedback so i can see if I'm on the right track with my mixing. I suppose the question is, was it worth the time and trouble if it sounded ok in the fist place?

The mixed track is: https://soundcloud.com/mrmrkelly/blamster-1

The unmixed track is: https://soundcloud.com/mrmrkelly/blamster

Thanks

Matt

Well the link to the unmixed track appears broken but i feckin love the mixed track - took me back about 20 years to some almost lost weekends in hangars, fields, warehouses and the famous Castlemorton weekend. Not really my cup of tea nowadays but this really struck a chord with me, nice work......back for a second listen!!

I like that. Very unusual phrase lengths and time sig. Great breaks. Cool bridge. Unlike a lot of stuff in this genre, this one held my interest the whole time.

Funny, as it was going by, I started to think, "a few drum fills wouldn't hurt this any." Then they come slamming in at 2:32.

Great work!

Thanks for the comments! Don't know what happened to the unmixed one, but i just removed it anyway as the general consensus is that the mixed was better! :)

I'm feel really pleased that it caught and held both your interests! Always got to have a drum fill or 2 hehe!

Thanks again!

Matt