Record Button accident [SOLVED]

Areft

Tonight, I got a strange situation! I recorded a live performance and at the end I heated a record button to stop the recording by mistake. It just started to record the whole session again!!!!!!

I know that I had to hit the space, but that just happened.... I wish it would asked me to re record or erase all those good stuff.

Is there any way to recover them?

Sorry mate, that was my bad...

I was so sad about this happening and decided to write about it somewhere in order to prevent it happening for someone else.

I recommend to try this in an empty session once. After recording a little piece hit the record again, you see it'll start recording from beginning agin without asking you to save the previous one!!!!!

I tried to roll back every other parts in a track....No way

I checked the bin as well.....It's not there...

Is there any option to prevent this strange record button reaction?

Thanks

Sorry mate, that was my bad...

I was so sad about this happening and decided to write about it somewhere in order to prevent it happening for someone else.

I recommend to try this in an empty session once. After recording a little piece hit the record again, you see it'll start recording from beginning agin without asking you to save the previous one!!!!!

I tried to roll back every other parts in a track....No way

I checked the bin as well.....It's not there...

Is there any option to prevent this strange record button reaction?

Thanks

I tried this and can't duplicate what you are reporting. If I click record while there is already a recording in process, it just stops recording. And no matter what combo of punch-on-the-fly or count-ins I have set up, that's what happens here; just an interruption in the recording process, no return to the top and no deleting of previous takes.

Your description is more consistent with the key command "Record / Record repeat", which will indeed return to the top of the recording and delete the recording pass you just did. Very handy for when a client muffs a take and you just want to start over quickly.

Is it possible that you have accidentally assigned your record button to that command?

EDIT:

Oh, and check your Trash for the missing recordings. If they are there, you can re-import them. They likely will have lost their position info although you could try Audio / Move Region to Original Record Postion after importing them into the Arrange and see what happens. Otherwise, you'll have to line them up manually.

Camillo, you are absolutely right!

When I left click on record button it shows "record/record repeat".

AND YES.... they are there!!!!!!

I really love you guys, It was a really good improvisation through internet with some other guys.

Yesterday, I was thinking to move to pro tools, but now I'm more confident about logic....

I think it's a good idea to record simultaneously with MIO console as well.... Does it need a SSD hard hisk?

Atlas, do you use your MIO console recorder?

Anyway if you are interested this is our program;

http://upstage.org.nz/121212/oceans_stream.html

Thanks a lot for your help guys..