Syncing Korg TR Arpeggiator to Logic Pro

mr_keyboard

Hey Guys,

Will be heading on tour with my band and for the live show we are trying to Tempo Sync my Korg TR Apeggiator to a Logic Click. In the Logic project setting I activated the Midi Clock "Send to Destination 1" via a USB to Midi cable. This connects to my TR. In the TR I ennabled Midi Clock: Ext-USB.

The issue:

When I play my Korg it plays the original sound without Arpeggitator

The real issue: As soon as I turn on my Logic Click, it plays the sound (without Arpeggiator) and interupts the Korg sound at every click.

Do you guys know how to get it back to:

Playing Korg Sound with Arpeggiator and Logic only controls the Arpeggiator speed?

Thanks for your help

Mike

High-Energy Piano Rock

www.TheMikeStory.com

Why have you chosen "Ext-USB" specifically and not "External"? After all the Korg is receiving MIDI Clock via its standard 5-Pin MIDI In connector, no? The Korg's manual doesn't explain the difference between the 2 modes... :?:

The issue:

When I play my Korg it plays the original sound without Arpeggitator

The real issue: As soon as I turn on my Logic Click, it plays the sound (without Arpeggiator) and interupts the Korg sound at every click.

Do you guys know how to get it back to:

Playing Korg Sound with Arpeggiator and Logic only controls the Arpeggiator speed?

Logic's clock must be running for it to send MIDI clock to the Korg, so you won't hear any arpeggiation unless you've pressed play in Logic (if the Korg is set to react to external sync).

Are you also sending MIDI data from the Korg through Logic and back to the Korg (typical setup with an external MIDI track)? If so, don't forget to turn off Local Control on the Korg.

J.