Project Saving Issue

Badcatblackcat

I am working on a project that I have been working on for some time and the last few days, I have had issues with saving it. I get a series of error messages. The first says: "This document’s file has been changed by another application since you opened or saved it. The changes made by the other application will be lost if you save. Save anyway?" If I tell it yes, I get another message that says: "The document . . . could not be saved. The file is locked. Do you want to save your changes to it anyway?" If I say yes, I get another message saying the document could not be saved. In fact, the changes are being saved.

Any idea what might be causing all of this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• 2 months later...
Not exactly sure. The Finder file info on the drive says the format is "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)."

Ok that's good!

But the messages you are getting aren't.

How much space do you have left on your external drive.

Have you tried copying your project to the internal drive, try the the desktop.

See if that makes any difference.

I did "save a copy as" onto my desktop and while the project opens and plays fine, I still get the "file is locked" message when I try to save it. The finder get info screen for the project folder has the "locked" box unchecked.

Interestingly, two folders with gibberish names have showed up in the desktop project folder (zGPawRZD and XEbmNVol). Both of these subfolders have a subfolder named LgDoc. Each of the LgDoc subfolders have the same three files in them. The first is called "displaystate ([my name] conflicted copy 2012-09-07" and it does have a lock in the corner of the icon. I went to Get Info for both and unclicked the "locked" box, the the project still says it's locked when I try to save it. When I try to open the display state file, I get a message that there is no application set up to open the file. The second file in the LgDoc subfolder is called documentData (which opens in Text Edit but is all gibberish). The third file in the LgDoc folder is called window image.jpg and it opens in Preview and is an image of the project arrange window. Also, just noticed that the original project folder now has 14 of these gibberish-named subfolders each with identical contents to the two (now three) on the desktop version of the project.

All seems very weird. Wonder if I should just create a new version of the project and copy everything over?

• 3 years later...

I've had this issue as well, especially when I've been working with Melodyne. The following works for me:

I select FILE, then SAVE A COPY AS, and then save the same project with "backup" added to the name. After I've done that, I can now save the original file without issue (plus now I've got a backup).