guitar chords problem. help please

misaghsat

hi

i am newbie to logic pro 9 and when i drag and insert a chord grid like C in score editor ,and move back playhead and hitting play, there is no sound from that chord, also there is not any C chord's notes appear in piano roll. chords grids are just like paintings in score editor and they won't play, what shoud i do ?

From the manual:

Working with Chords

Chord symbols are text objects designed for fast chord entry. Logic Express uses special text attributes to display chord symbols, and also offers additional editing tools.

I don't think guitar chords "play" or create any MIDI events. They certainly don't play any guitar. That takes a human.

All things said, I believe guitar chords are simply meant to add to a score (for printing) the ability to show a guitarist what voicing is intended (or was used) in the project.

I am no expert here but took a look in the manual to try be of help.

Follow-up:

You ask "what should I do"? Assuming you are not a guitarist, you'll need someone who is—or you can delve into the loop library for rudimentary stuff that might be enough for your project.

To get your own (or a friend's) guitar part(s) into Logic, you'll need a signal path (mic. preamp, DI box, etc.) --> into an analog-digital converter --> into your computer --> into Logic using Audio track(s).

If you want to convert guitar to MIDI, you need the right kind of guitar, plus a device which converts to MIDI (such as a Roland VG-99), plus a MIDI interface into your computer. An alternate method is to record the guitar part as audio and use a plug-in (like Celemony Melodyne) to export the AUDIO as a MIDI file which you can then import to a Software Instrument (or External MIDI) track. I also believe Logic can export audio as MIDI but am outside my expertise with that.

Good luck.

thanks for your posts, but i was looking for some ability like chords in guitar pro 6 , when you select and click on a chord in chord managers , it will quicly add those chord's notes on the score lines, for example when you click on Am it will add A and C and E onto score lines, does logic have any ability like this ?