Controller Assignments Batch Edit?

peachboy

Somehow, all the MIDI Input parameters in my Controller Assignments have been reconfigured to another device, effectively rendering the original assignments useless. The trouble is, I have hundreds and hundreds of assignments and it's surely going to be a right pain to manually re-configure each one by hand.

Is there any way I can batch process the whole lot to point everything back to the original MIDI controller?

Hmmm. Interesting theory. Thanks for this.

I actually did a Time Machine backup on the 1st December which was before my Controller Assignments went all screwy - so this might be quite useful.

However, I don't actually know much about these aforementioned Logic preference files. Are they the so called "CS" files that I've heard about recently in another thread? If so, how do they work?

Thanks! :)

I did a search on my system for the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file but no such file exists on my system, so it is unlikely to be on my Time Machine backup either. :-s

O, it is there, but it is in your User Library, which is hidden by default since Lion, so you need to use the Go menu with the alt key, or the terminal command to make it permanently visible.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69242&hilit=terminal+user+folder#p458185

The preference file contains all you can set in Logic Pro>Preferences, except for any control surface setup, those are stored in the .cs (control surface) file.

O wait, you're on Snow Leopard...? To avoid all confusion, you should have a .cs file (if you'd trash it, Logic would create a new one), and it should be in your user preferences (Mac HD>Users>Peachboy>Library>Preferences). Full names: com.apple.logic.pro.plist and com.apple.logic.pro.cs