Logic Mono Playback/Bounce problem. [SOLVED]

blastforever

I have been using logic for about three years now and I have never had this problem till now. I can't find any forum topics no matter what I type into the search bar. The problem is my playback and bounces are all mono, even though my "Stereo Output" looks as if it is playing left and right ears respectively. I can't find any reason for it to look stereo, say stereo and still come out mono. It's driving me crazy.... Thank you. Edited by blastforever

Is the actual signal mono or is it your monitoring? Have you confirmed this by opening a goniometer on the master bus?

Try doing this in an Empty project (choose New empty project), import a stereo WAV file (from a CD or similar). Open a stereo track, playback and measure with Logic's analyzer in goniometer mode.

If the meter shows a thin line instead of a wide or round area something is very wrong. If it's wide or round but you're hearing things in mono, it's your sound card or other playback equipment that's setup incorrectly.

Some sound cards come with additional mixing software that require you to pan the signals out, i.e. RME Total Mix. This usually only happens if you've accidentally switched something in the software. Try resetting it or switching presets.

This is why you should follow the guidelines of this forum and post all your gear in your signature. The more info we have, the easier is it to fix your problems.

The signal looks stereo on the Stereo Output, but the monitoring AND anything I bounce is mono. Yes I have checked the goniometer to make sure it is playing stereo out of the DAW. I am sorry for the lack of information, I have never had a problem I couldn't find an answer to already with searches, so I was forced to make an account and ask for myself :( your help is incredibly appreciated. I've been working for a long time with this DAW on other computers and never had this problem (save when there was a mono plugin on the Stereo Output as you said earlier). I'm using a 13" MacBook Pro with a DigiDesign MBox2 USB interface, the interface has a "mono" button but it changes nothing within the DAW and the sessions are still mono when using the Built-In Output and Input.