Should I buy Davids book?

DubLogic19

I may seem a bit off for asking this on his website, but I really want to know if it is the book that I need. I already have a pretty decent foundation on using and navigating Logic. I was looking through the table of contents and saw that it doesn't cover much about sound design, which is what I'm really dying to learn right now. Does the book cover more than basics? I saw an Advanced Logic Pro book in the same series (by the other David) and another book that wasn't in the Apple Certified series, entitled Logic Pro 9 with a blue/black cover, perhaps one of those is more suited for what I need? Has anybody here read those?

Also I don't know if you have seen it but there is a massive archive of Soundonsound articles about sound design and all sorts of stuff, its called 'Synth Secrets' and its in 63 parts. A veritable treasure trove for the keen sound designer.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm

Many thanks! I think I have found the book for me, it's one that focuses on Dance Music Production and I also found a cheaper volume about using Logic Pro that I think will be suffice :mrgreen:

Since the subject has been raised, what is the best way to learn about the Environment in detail? I am particularly interested in how one could use the Environment to add articulations to strings (and other instruments when appropriate) that could be implemented via the Environment as Key Switches in GPO, VSL, etc. Is this possible?

Thanks --

charlie

FWIW..

David Nahmani's (The Webmaster for this site) Book.... Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9

along with...

David Dvorin's Book... Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 9 Advanced Music Production

...are essential reads for anyone no matter what style of music they are interested in creating with Logic...

Also I don't know if you have seen it but there is a massive archive of Soundonsound articles about sound design and all sorts of stuff, its called 'Synth Secrets' and its in 63 parts. A veritable treasure trove for the keen sound designer.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm

I would type out a hundred thank you's...but I don't want to look like SPAM. but THANK YOU!!!