Sample Editor selection into L/R locators? (Never Mind)

joegold

Hi

I'm a relatively long-time Logic user but use it mostly for writing purposes via MIDI/Score, i.e. I don't usually do much audio recording.

So, for all intents and purposes, I'm essentially a newbie when it comes to most things audio in Logic.

But I've decided to look into doing some guitar part tracking here at home for a Protools recording session I've done recently at a local studio.

I know how out of my depth I am but I'm going to try this anyway.

Now I don't have any of the multi-tracks from the Protools project yet.

My engineer will be giving me all that stuff sometime soon.

But in the meantime I do have a stereo board mix of one of the tunes with no guitar.

I asked for this mix so I could practice my parts at home for when I was next going to go into their studio.

But I just realized that I could also use this mix to learn how to work on recording my own tracks, here at home, in Logic.

And that's what I'll be tinkering around with today.

So he's my first newbie audio question (many more to come)...

How can I automatically get the Sample Editor selection start and end points into the L/R locators on the Transport for things like creating a Arrange Page Cycle over a particular section of audio?

I see no obvious way to do this and have had no luck searching through the Logic Pro manual.

It looks like I have to enter the numbers in by hand.

Edited by joegold

If I understand what you want, I think you're going about it the wrong way. I don't think you need to do any of this in the sampler editor. In the arrange area trim the audio file to the length you want to hear played back and use the tool bar button Set Locators. Enable cycle mode and you're done.

If you want to create a selection with the Sample Editor, place file in arrange area, open in SE, make selection and then go Edit>Selection to Region. use Set Locators, enable cycle mode and you're done