how to create pitch rise effect over 8 bars

hira78

so i'm assuming u know how to use the glide function, and have already turned it all the way up already right?

I usually just make the end note even higher so the pitch-rise is forced to stretch longer to reach 8 bars.... either that or I throw on another pitch-rise that comes in halfway of the previous pitch-rise.

Let me know if it works out, I wanna make sure we solve this together... lol

I usually use the pitch bender for that stuff. Turn off any pitch envelopes. Set the pitch bend range (under glide knob) to your destination pitch, then just draw start and end points in the hyper editor (the one in the piano roll not the dedicated window). That way you have complete control. Make sure you put a 0 pitch bend event in your next midi region.

741341447_ScreenShot2012-12-23at2_18_39PM.png.0b722dc40f82c6d345c5759bb6ae3c3a.png

I usually use the pitch bender for that stuff. Turn off any pitch envelopes. Set the pitch bend range (under glide knob) to your destination pitch, then just draw start and end points in the hyper editor (the one in the piano roll not the dedicated window). That way you have complete control. Make sure you put a 0 pitch bend event in your next midi region.

hi m8

thanks for ur reply

I've tried to do what u said but can't seem to.....any chance u could give me some step by step instructions as i think what ur suggesting is just what I'm after :)

cheers

Going from the top left of the ES2, glide is the 2nd knob down. Under that there is bend range. Set this to your destination pitch eg. if your rising 2 octaves set it to 24. I'm not sure how you were doing your rise before but to keep things simple you'll want to turn glide all the way off and bypass anything in the 'router' section that has pitch as a destination. Now you have complete control with the bender.

Hi m8,

i think i've just about got it sorted....but its like no matter where i start it from my synth note doesn't seem to morph smoothly in2 the pitch riser...there is a sharp note change when the riser starts to effect the midi note, where as i would like the synth note to be playing and then smoothly morph in2 the riser....hope i make sense :P

cheers lad!

There's probably a pitch assignment in your patch somewhere, probably set to one of the envelopes. You've have to look for anything in the vector or router section that's assigned to pitch and bypass it. The the smoothness or curve of the pitch bend is entirely up to how you draw the pitch bend curve in the piano roll. You did turn glide all the way off yeah?