pops when bouncing

gdgross

Sometimes logic gives me pops at the end of audio regions when I bounce. It seems to be related to flex time and fading the region out - haven't nailed down exactly when it happens thoug, but it's not consistent. although as i said i seems to be realted to fade ins and fade outs of audio regions that are using flex time...

Any ideas?

Thansk!

Geoff

I'm not surprised to read this, as Logic is known to create pops on flexed audio regions that also contain fades or xfades. These pops occur, inconsistently, in the area of the fade.

Suggest removing the fade entirely and using volume automation to perform the fade instead and see if you get better results.

You can also remove the fades, do a bounce in place for the flexed parts, and then apply the fades to the BIP'd regions. Then, bounce in place (or regular bounce) again to make your "final" files. Yeah, a lot of work, and the creation of lots of intermediate files, but I haven't found any other way of eliminating the problems created by flex + fades.

Yeah I decided to just get rid of the fades altogether, since we had a saturday deadline for this project, and there were a LOT of them to automate or bounce, about twenty tracks of vocals and five or seven instruments that I had sliced up to get rid of hiss/noise etc during the silent parts. In the future I can be smarter about how to go about that, but I'm not quite sure the best way to do it....

Anyone know any tricks to get around this? For example, fading only on flex sections that haven't been adjusted or something like that?

Anyone know any tricks to get around this? For example, fading only on flex sections that haven't been adjusted or something like that?

:?

See my posts above.

Bottom line: Logic is buggy when it comes to flex + fades. As far as being smarter about your procedure next time, do what you can to try and outwit Logic at its own buggy game (again, see my suggestions above).

Merry X-mas,

Ski