Do you care to use Complex Mixing Plugins?

Because I strive to be a better and more aware producer I tried to read the manual of a plugin I often throw on channel strips which is the stock Delay Designer but after diligently studying the literature I found myself just bored and confused, I know its this fancy plugin that is equipped with many features but when I got frustrated with it and all its little buttons in all the little crevasses of the interface. I just replaced it with the simple stock echo plugin and got me desired results. Is it just me or does the K.i.S.S method really seem more convenient when it comes to these plugins out there?

This is very thrue that the complexity of the plugins (and the DAW) nowadays are astounding ifnot daunting, but what you can achieve with them is also at par in most cases. Delay Designer is a highly configurable plugin. If you are looking for a very specific effect, or intend to push the creativity level a notch further, learning your tools is the extra step you owe yourself to do. Reading is one thing, but testing along with your plugin open, is also necessary. All in all, the more you know about your software the more proficiency you will get into solving issues or achieve better results. But it is not mandatory to know inside out what you have at hand to enjoy it greatly, loading the presets already available and tweaking few buttons here and there could yield very interesting results.