Sonivox Vortex doesn't show up in Logic? [SOLVED]

ethan32w

First of all, yes. I am completely new to Logic Pro

I downloaded a the Vortex virtual synth from Sonivox http://www.sonivoxmi.com/ProductDetail.asp?Item=Vortex#ProductDetail.asp%3FItem%3DVortex%26Fr%3DDemoslist%2C%23infodiv%2C%23infodivcontent%2C%23productinfo%20td%20a%2Cactivebold%2C%2C0 and while it works in standalone mode, I can't get it to show up in Logic Pro.

Here's what I've done so far with no luck:

The DVI is installed and works fine in stand alone mode.

If I map to HD>Library>Audio>Plugins>Components there is a '.component' file for this synth (its the only one).

If I open Logic Pro and look under Audio Units Manager, its there, its been scanned, successfully validated, its checked in the "logic" box, but uncheckable in the "nodes" box.

I've refreshed my library.

Its not showing up anywhere.

I've run Logic Pro in both 64 and 32 bit (It doesn't even show up in the AU Manager when ran in 32 bit)

Its still not showing up.

I'm stumped. Please, someone give me the answer and make me feel stupid so all of my problems will go away.

Thank you!

Thank you both for replying! The instrument slot makes sense to me because I've only been looking in the library (I really am new at this). I'm getting on well with It until have to map these steps: AU Instruments > Name-of-Manufacturer > Name-of-Plug-in, because I'm not seeing the "AU Instruments". I dont think I'm looking in the right place though. Also, I noticed something in the link that n6smith provided and I'm not sure if I have the "AU" box 'ticked'. Edited by ethan32w