MIDI Regions disappear, then reappear [SOLVED]

jondriscoll1988

Hi Everyone,

So I'm brand new to logic pro, and even newer to this forum, and I would really appreciate some help with something.

Today, I was editing some MIDI events in the pop-up Piano Roll Editor. Whenever I would select a MIDI event, all of the events would disappear and the roll editor would be blank. I would then close the editor window and open it again, and the events would be there, same as always, with the event that I selected previously highlighted. At this point I would be able to edit that event, but as soon as I click another one, they all disappear again. So basically I have to open, close, and re-open the editor for every single modification I want to make.

again, I am brand new, so it could be something completely foolish I am doing. All I know is that it's never happened before, and now it happens 100% of the time.

I am running Logic Pro Version 9.1.8 and OS X version 10.8.2, using a mac book air I purchased about 3 months ago.

When everything disappear, look at the bar numbers at the top of the Piano Roll, and look at the pitch range on the left. It's possible that the Piano Roll has "slipped" and is showing you another area, one that is empty.

Another thing you could try when everything disappears is to click the background of the Piano Roll and press Z on your computer keyboard, which should bring the contents of the region back into view.

David,

Thanks for your help. The piano roll slipped, so it was showing me everything after the area I was editing, with the zero point being right after the last midi event. So when I would zoom all the way out, everything was blank.

I'm straightened out, thanks for helping an amateur find his way.

-Jon