Transfer Logic from a computer to another?

Heabean

Hello,

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro and well, I didn't realize they didn't have a superdrive anymore, therefore I can't use my Logic DVDs to reinstall it. I don't want to use Time Machine as I feel like a clean install is a good thing.

Is there any way I could transfer the files from my other laptop through an external hard drive? Downloading is difficult because of my bad internet connection...

I have the same problem with Komplete by the way, of you have any idea for that too!

You could purchase an external optical drive. Not expensive and would be worth it for a truly clean install.

External USB 3.0 CD/DVDRW Drive for Toshiba Satellite Pro T110-EZ1120

Shop around. You can probably find a better deal.

[Edit] :oops: Sorry the drive I linked to above is not compatible with Mac OS but you can search Google for USB 3 External Optical Drive and see what you can find that is compatible.

Edited by Scott Jackson

I recently bought a Mac mini and the external superdrive (just in case).

I tried Migration Assistant and after all was said and done, Logic would always quit unexpectedly after entering the product serial #.

The mac mini would not let me load Logic (v9.0.0) with the superdrive so I had to resort to my original idea of Migration assistant using the old laptop drive. This method worked to get things started and I loaded the rest of the disks with the external drive.

After everything was loaded, I had to enter the Logic 9 Serial # AND it requested the old serial number/usb key because my L9 was an upgrade.

I also did the Logic 9.1.7 update because I am still reading about 9.1.8 issues with many 3rd party products.

The Amazon Basic DVD/CD ROM drive works great.... and is very cheap compared to the Superdrive..

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Writer-External-Optical-Drive/dp/B003M0NT1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357150351&sr=8-1&keywords=basic+dvd+cd+drive

Note: It requires the use of two USB ports on some Macs, to work correctly ( I assume to provide the correct amount of Bus Power ) though I found for read only use... it only needed one.. Burning, needed two usb port connections again, assumingly due to higher power requirements..