How do you make small adjustments to parameters?

Macavity224

How do you make small adjustments to parameters? I knew how to do it at one point, but I've tried every combination of shift, control, option, and command and none of them seem to work. Specifically I'm trying to make a fine adjustment to an automation setting to get it lined up with a measure.

I've looked through a couple books, the Logic user manual and did a few internet searches, but I'm not really sure what to even look for. I tried searching "fine adjustments," "small adjustments," etc., but wasn't getting any results. A basic, dumb question, but hopefully someone can answer it.

Thanks.

Did you try Control?

But if you want to align automation nodes with measures it is easier to use Snap: Bar followed by Snap: Snap Automation. Make sure you set the Automation Offset to 0.

I tried using CTRL but for some reason it wouldn't work...I have to reset my key command because I must have accidentally adjusted something. I did adjust the automation offset and set it to snap though, so that helped a ton too, thanks!

I tried using CTRL but for some reason it wouldn't work...I have to reset my key command because I must have accidentally adjusted something. I did adjust the automation offset and set it to snap though, so that helped a ton too, thanks!

Control will only help you with finer adjustments of the parameter (vertical) but not time (horizontal).

Try the snap settings or use the Automation Event List (only accessible by custom key command) and quantise.