Recreate sample paths for EXS24 files

Musicalbudgie

I have moved a large amount of EXS24 samples from one drive to a folder in another drive and since doing that, I can no longer open any of my third party EXS24 instruments in Logic. If I open the .exs file with a text editor, I can see that the file paths are still set to the old path "/Volumes/Samples Library", and I need instead for them to now point to "/Volumes/Huge/Samples Library".

Having said that, I opened a simple .exs file and used find and replace to change everything to the correct path. After reloading Logic, it still froze up and couldn't find the samples. I also thought a workaround might be to create an alias /Volumes/Samples Library that points to the folder in /Volumes/Huge/Samples Library, but this didn't seem to make any difference either.

From what I gather online, Redmatica's EXS manager will fix this problem, but that software doesn't seem to exist anywhere anymore nor does the Redmatica website, and I'd rather not spend money on something for a problem that should only need to be fixed once.

So is there any other method for recreating the file paths? At this rate I think I'm going to have to repartition my drives again just to recreate "/Volumes/Sample Library" and put everything in there.

Hello Musicalbudgie, and welcome to Logic Pro Help. First, please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

I opened a simple .exs file and used find and replace to change everything to the correct path. After reloading Logic, it still froze up

After changing everything to the correct path, did you save the .exs file again?