Help with Microkorg / Logic 8

age1000

Hi, just need some basic help / guide to setting up a korg micro keyboard with logic 8:

i plugged midi cable from korg to mac via midi - usb cable. I got audio running out the korg into my interface.

how do i make a track where i can hear my keyboard ?

i tried follwing some instructions i found on the net but didnt get any audio from my keyboard coming through

i want to use the keyboard to make tracks and play the other sounds on the other tracks.

i opened a new track as external midi track, highlighted what i think must be the keyboard, bit confusing as i think its been named by name of the midi cable ? does this sound right ? well theres nothing korg there just emu x1 which is the midi cable so i guess thats it and its reading it ok ?

so i put that on the track, then open a audio track below it which is what the instructions said, the input i cant really see to change so left it on stereo , 1& 2 , i was now expecting to be able to play the keyboard on that audio track but nothing, no sign of it.

where have i gone wrong, how do i set it up to get what i want ?

plse help ,

tnx

Age.

i want to use the keyboard to make tracks and play the other sounds on the other tracks.

do you mean the sounds from the microKORG? Because if you're trying to play multiple sounds from the microKORG on different tracks it won't work. I know this because when i first bought my microKORG a while ago i thought i could do this (except on my MPC). But you can't because the microKORG is not multi-timbral (being able to play more than one sound from it at a time).

So you'd have to record the audio for one track at a time if you were doing it this way, with audio cables from the microKORG into your interface along with MIDI cables(i think this will work with Logic, it works with MPC) if you want to sync the two.

someone else might be able to give more info on this tho

Hi, tnx for your replys, no to the 1st answer, 2nd answer thats not actually the problem but sounds like a problem ill be encountering soon! So tnx for that info. Anyhow i now have audio, :) i had a think, went through things again and i may have had something the wrong way round ? anyhow im happy i can use this keyboard for the 1st time. Now the 2nd part to my question, how do i control another track with the korg keyboard ?.. so in this instance i dont want to use any korg sounds i just want to play i.e a logic synth but via the keyboard, not by writing the notes in the piano eitor page which is what i do until now.. ... i would like to do this with all my instruments / tracks i guess it would be the same process for all but all ive learnt so far is just to have the keyboard as an instrument..