Logic 8 Environment Cable Switcher

falloutsoldier

Hi There

Does anyone know if its possible for me to attach a keyboard shortcut to a cable switcher in the Logic environment? so every time I want to switch between the two settings I can just press a keyboard shortcut instead of having to go back to the environment & click on the Cable switcher?

many thanks in advance

falloutsoldier, please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

Cable Switchers can be remote-controlled via MIDI. You set to which MIDI message they respond to in their inspector in the environment window...the Input parameter and its associated Channel and "-1-" (first data byte) parameters.

J.

Thanks a lot Jordito, I will put all my specs in now sorry about that

So its possible to do it by midi, but not by keyboard shortcut?

also, another thing that has been confusing me, say I want to run a cable switcher from the clicks and pots page, to an input in the mixer page/layer, how to I get cables to run between pages/layers, or how do I move stuff like an audio channel or a multi instrument between the environment Layers?

thank you very much for taking the time to get back to me!

So its possible to do it by midi, but not by keyboard shortcut?

There's no keyboard shortcut for that but you can use the caps lock keyboard to trigger the switching.

how to I get cables to run between pages/layers

Click on an objects little output triangle while holding down the Option key and you'll get a pop-up menu that will allow you to make the connection to other objects in the environment (if the destination object you're looking for is not in the menu, make sure its "Icon" parameter is enabled in its inspector).

or how do I move stuff like an audio channel or a multi instrument between the environment Layers?

Select the object you want to move to another layer, and switch to the new layer while holding down the Option key.

J.

Archived