Audio Interface

Hello Folks

New to forum and looking forward to reading an learning about Logic

My current inquery: Can I get some suggestions on an Audio Interface that will work with Logic 9, I bought a Alesis iO express but after contacting the manufacture they indicated it will only work with Cubase LE.

I would prefer an interface with at least 2 inputs as this is for a home studio so I do not need more then that at this time..........

Thanks for any recommendations..

The Kraken

Any Core Audio compatible interface will work with Logic Pro.

I bought a Alesis iO express but after contacting the manufacture they indicated it will only work with Cubase LE

That's certainly not correct. Even the Alesis doc states: This two-channel USB device for Mac and PC-based systems enables you to record at up to 24-bit resolution for input into virtually all DAW, recording, and performance software.

Did you try selecting the Alesis in Logic under Preferences > Audio > Devices > Core Audio as an input and output device?

Cool Thanks

My project consist of a song with about 7 tracks, the eight track was going to be recorded audio track via a Audio Technical Microphone to record a trumpet solo............. So I need to hear the song so I can record some improv...........

My Monitors are hooked up to my MAC, so I can hear the music.

So I plugged the Alesis iO2 Express USB cable to the Mac, the Mac recognized it, I selected input iO2 from the preferences, but selected output as Internal so I could hear the music through the Mac to the Monitors................. " Problem is I hear No Sound via the Microphone............ " figuring now its just a configuration issue, since I'm new to this ...............

Once again this info is greatly appreciated.