I/O labels problem

cptcoconut

some time ago i got an rme FF 800 interface and logic pro 9.1.8 but i couldn't record anything ... all the things that i played just didn't show up as a waveform in logic. i tried lots of things but somehow problem solved itself. but that's not all i can only record using input 9 and 10 on my interface ... i am attaching two screenshots . one of them is how it looks when i am choosing an input in a track and the second one shows how my i/o labels window looks like. i can only record using input 9/10 because only those two show up as ex. input 9 (mic 9) ,all the others show up as ex. input 1 (analog 1). how do i fix it ?

EDIT : god ... i forgot about the screenshots ... just wait a minute ,please ... Edit2:ok,done ;)

2120883864_Zrzutekranu2013-01-8o15_37_39.thumb.png.4a84f4037208c86c34a1402d842bbe5d.png

1530406681_Zrzutekranu2013-01-8o15_38_47.thumb.png.e3f6e9f7d1b12c0169414557d30ac1c5.png

I'm not sure I understand the problem: seems like you can access all the inputs from that menu. Only two are labeled as "Mic" inputs, that's correct, but I believe that's expected. Doesn't mean you can't use the other inputs.

What instrument do you have plugged into what input on the RME FF800? Is the problem with inputs 7-8 on the front of the unit?

sorry but i am a complete newbie and it all seems soooo confusing ... my problem is that i can only plug mics into input 9 and 10 ,when i plug them into 7 and 8 (which are both preamps if i got this right ... ) it seems like it doens't work ... a friend of mine who has a home studio (he's got FF UFX and Logic pro 9) told me that something is wrong for sure so i decide to post here. if there's any other questions i'll be willing to answer because i really want to get this stuff going ;)

• 2 weeks later...