Logic Crashes after upgrading to Mountain Lion

KC

Hello -

I upgraded my OS to Mountain Lion and now Logic crashes every time I start it up for the first time. So when I first boot up my computer and start Logic, it will crash. I launch Logic again and all is fine.

I did do maintenance on the drive - repair permissions - have all the latest updates, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Logic 9.1.8 • 16Gb Ram • iMac i7, 27"

I did get a notice from Apple for the hard drive recall - do you think that may have something to do with it? I haven't taken it in as it seemed to be working ok (before I updated to ML), i didn't want to reinstall all my software, and I didn't want to be without my computer. But maybe I will have to do it

Thanks

kc

First thing to check is that any Audio/Midi drivers you have installed for your Audio/Midi interface... are up to date and correct for use with ML....

Second, in case it's an existing project or template that is causing the issue... try starting Logic.... while holding down the option key. If that works, then go into Logic's Preference and change startup behavior to 'none'. Now you can load in your projects and templates one at a time to find out which one is causing the problem. (Probably a 3rd party plugin at fault that needs updating too)

Finally for now at least... if Logic still crashes holding down the Option Key.....hold down Control instead and start Logic.. this will disable Core Audio... and Logic should start. Then, again, change Logic Start Up prefs to None... and troubleshoot your templates and projects. (and Drivers!)

Further....

To test your System Drive, run the Verify Disk routine in the Disk Utility..

Even if you are fine, as you were notified about needing your HD replaced.. then Clone your system disk to an external drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! (Do not rely on Time machine for this) and get it to Apple for replacement asap... as the System Drive can and probably will fail without much notice... so better to take care of is as soon as possible to prevent further issues in the future