Sound Designer/Programmer Tutor Needed

Hey Everyone

I know I've been asking this question in different ways before.

Is there any pro sound designer/programmer around this forum who could be my tutor for some time in creating/shaping, etc sounds? The way I want it to be is: I select an EDM track/song which has interesting sounds (that I find interesting) or has interesting effecting/processing, the tutor would listen to it, we would break down the track in parts and analyze how such sounds/effects can be created. I know this forum is particularly helpful when you post a song, name the position of the sound, and here you go, helpful people would tell u how they think this sound is created.

But I want a more personal approach and a sort of complete analysis rather than partial of a song. ANd of course I need an experienced sound designer. So, if you find this interesting please, tell me abt your background as well as genres you work in.

As for pay we can discuss, i think per track fee. Anyone out there interested? Plz pm.

You do realize that the majority of 'sound designers' learned how to design sounds through independent research and sheer experimentation, right?

Think of this– Fourier series says that any sound [well, periodic function] can be decomposed into the sum of sine/cosine waves. If you've ever heard a sine wave on a synth, it sounds very simple, plain, 'boring'– yet, everything you've ever heard could be made by adding multitudes of these together with varying frequencies, starting from different points in their cycles with different amplitudes at differing delays.

Give intense experimentation a try. For example, a long time ago I was experimenting with LFO-modulation of pulse-waves, and happened to run my patch into a downsampling distortion to add some grit. I started turning down the sample rate, and low and behold– suddenly my synth was 'yaying' at me as if an affirmation that I had discovered something knew. From that, I discovered that I could make vocal tones by modulating a downsampled pulse-wave's width.

There are countless ways to make any sound, and countless sounds that have yet to be made– don't limit yourself to waiting for somebody else to show you how to make a noise. Just spend hours making noises, tweaking knobs and moving faders– eventually you'll develop a repertoire of sound design knowledge.

I appreciate your advice. Synth Secrets - I am finishing reading those.

What I want is some pro decomposing an existing interesting track with me and analyzing how the sounds in the track are created. Knowing how others do some sounds helps in enriching your own potential.

I appreciate your advice. Synth Secrets - I am finishing reading those.

What I want is some pro decomposing an existing interesting track with me and analyzing how the sounds in the track are created. Knowing how others do some sounds helps in enriching your own potential.

'some pro'

There is no 'pro' in sound design. It's an art, not automotive mechanics.

Thanks, will look into that.

you're welcome! and you can join that DMP forum too, a lot of guys there are fully versed in synthesis and will help you out and answer any questions you may have...their DVDs have been very helpful in my understanding of how synthesis really works...

rick snoman, the author of "the dance music manual" dissects different types of synthesizers and how they really work when it comes to sound design and he gives examples of how to synthesize sounds from leads, basses, fx, pads, you name it...if you wanna hear more, feel free to PM me and i can tell you which DVDs you should get as i own many of them...they are so good that i even made a thread about it the other day...check it out...

i just finished writing a melody BTW with the help of their DVD... :D