Logic won't recognize my Roland W-30 Keyboard [SOLVED]

Maverick20

Hi,

I am having the hardest time figuring out how to use my Roland W-30 keyboard as a midi controller with Logic 9. I have connected it via midi to usb to my macbook pro, and now I have it connected via midi cable to my focusrite saffire pro 24 audio interface (which is connected to my macbook through firewire) but it is not being recognized as a device. This is an old keyboard, do I need drivers perhaps? Help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Jordito, I do not have the system disk, so I cannot access anything within the system configuration menu within the keyboard. I have the original hard drive and the keyboard, and when I boot them both up, the display screen on the keyboard just says insert system disk.

Although being able to access the keyboard's internal sounds would be great, all I need it for is a simple midi trigger to play sounds from Logic Pro 9. Do I need the disk to do this?

Jordito, I do not have the system disk, so I cannot access anything within the system configuration menu within the keyboard. I have the original hard drive and the keyboard, and when I boot them both up, the display screen on the keyboard just says insert system disk.

Although being able to access the keyboard's internal sounds would be great, all I need it for is a simple midi trigger to play sounds from Logic Pro 9. Do I need the disk to do this?

I don't know if you need the disk or not...but you definitely need to do what the manual says if you want to be able to output MIDI from the Roland.

If doing that requires you have the system disk, then I guess you're out of luck...from page 102:

To play an external MIDI sound module from the keyboard.

Set the MIDI transmit channel of the keyboard, then set the MIDI Switch to ON so that the performance messages from the keyboard can be transmitted from the MIDI OUT.

J.