exs wont load any sound on mountain lion logic 9

wxcv

I have just upgrade to mountain and try exs

there is no problem to load a song with existant exs but when I try to open a fresh song and load an intrument from my galery, the weel is turning to infinit and I must force logic to shut down

previusly I was on logic 8 with leopard classic

I had some shortcuts toward my external disk and no problems at all

Does anyone have an idea?

thanks a lot

Try rebuilding your Spotlight Index. EXS24 uses Spotlight to locate samples.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346140#p346140

Also, if you have any Windows or bootcamp partituions, add them to Spotlights' Privacy List, so it does not get indexed. Logic always beachballs if there's a Windows/DOS partition being Spotlighted.

Hello it seams that this method doesnt work on mountain , nothing append

""You could try reindexing Spotlight. Apple > System Preferences > Spotlight, click the Privacy tab, add your startup disk to the list. Then select it and remove it again, using the "-" button. Close the prefpanel. Within 30 seconds or so OS X should start reindexing. This can take quite some time, you can find a progress bar when you click on the Spotlight icon: ""

I find that some personn use terminal but i cant find code for external disk in particular

To erase indexation and relload with spécial path

hello Erik

I ve got proof that there is no re indexation cause I used onyx to show up invisibles files

so I erased the spotlight index file, then did the trick above and the extrernal disk did not work and the spotlight file isnt replace by a newer

so I find a way with this terminal code : sudo mdutil -E /Volumes/nameofyourvolum

edit:

so I made it and the terminal answer me that

"Indexing disabled"

where to enable it !!!?

maybe an invisible file to erase ?

.DocumentRevisions-V100

.ds_store

.fseventsd

.temporaryytems

.trash

Desktop DB

Desktop DF

Thevolumesettingfolder

You don't need to use terminal....

Follow these instructions,...

http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/17/rebuild-spotlight-index/

Make sure you add any Windows formatted drives to the privacy tab and leave them there.. Otherwise drag all your other drives to the privacy tab.. and then remove them to force Spotlight to rebuild it's indexes for all your Hard Drives...

Be aware: It can take Spotlight some time to fully rebuild it's indexes depending on the size of your drives and the amount of files/data stored on them.. so it's best to do this overnight I find...

hello Erik

I ve got proof that there is no re indexation cause I used onyx to show up invisibles files

so I erased the spotlight index file, then did the trick above and the extrernal disk did not work and the spotlight file isnt replace by a newer

Did I say you should? My method involves gently "misusing" the privacy list. I have no idea wether removing invisible files will achieve the same, and in light of your current troubles, I doubt if it is wise.

so I find a way with this terminal code : sudo mdutil -E /Volumes/nameofyourvolum

edit:

so I made it and the terminal answer me that

"Indexing disabled"

where to enable it !!!?

I dunno, where and why have you disabled it? It is on by default.

On second thought: what about in Onyx? Pretty sure it is somewhere in there...

maybe an invisible file to erase ?

.DocumentRevisions-V100

.ds_store

.fseventsd

.temporaryytems

.trash

Desktop DB

Desktop DF

Thevolumesettingfolder

If you are looking for crashes or hangs or kernel panics, then by all means type anything in the Terminal and throw away any invisible file - but it is completely at your own risk. The little I know about these files is that they are completely innocent and uninvolved in your issue. I think you should revisit my recipe, follow it to the letter until it works. Maybe beforerhand try enabling Spotlight via Onyx.

230425690_pic2013-01-15at21_24_14.PNG.f07dcf111400512faaeba0aaea7bd0fa.PNG

ok

spotlight is now indexing my external volume

I dont know why if its due to terminal or antother

but I only reboot computer and this solve the problem for spotlight to reload indexation

well thanks anyway

I will now after that come back to my first problem to see if it 's changing something in exs

comming back soon

+1 on all Erik said...

Plus, if you had disabled Spotlight via Onyx (or any other method) then that could well be why Logic was having issues finding things as Spotlight is the method by which Logic knows where to locate almost everything (if not everything) it uses/needs.. so fingers crossed, re-enabling Spotlight for all your external and internal drives (with the exception of any Window's formatted ones which you shouldn't use for anything Logic related) will solve this for you....

CCTMusic

thats precisely this one I manualy erase, to force spotlight to re index

n6smith I am not doing nonsence actions with my mac since 15 years

when I used the terminal or onyx (whith extrem caution) its because Ive seen that this is realy appropriate in this case :D

Anyway that is sadly that I have to tell you that the EXS is still not working :|

same thing

edit :

I thinkling of another solutions

in HD/lyb/APPsupport/logicsamplerInstrument

I replace my allias files

not working

but when I load a garage band instrument, its working !

so

I putted one file exs+ his samples in the same file on the in HD/lyb/APPsupport/logicsamplerInstrument

to verify if it was a question of external disc

not working

so

I verified autorisation of the file and exs and samples with : information/ read and write / include its éléments for all the file

It works weirdly for certain apple loops