MIDI "Note in" message does not enter in logic on "C2 Note"

erdemyetim

Hi guys ı've so interesting problem on my logic.

I'm going right to the point. (I' ve 9.1.8. and using axiom pro 61.)

When I press the c2 note from my axiom (no matter octave, so the problem is not a physical problem about the c2 key or any C key, it can be any octave)

the velocity message is come in to logic like this print screen; :shock:

http://s14.postimage.org/wjxwfij9d/Screen_shot_2013_01_16_at_1_19_57_AM.png

As can be seen here; c2 are crossed mark the note for, but the velocity value is standing there. :x :x

But everyone knows the normal mesage has to be like this when you press a key ;

http://s2.postimage.org/qrq5d7h95/Screen_shot_2013_01_16_at_1_19_33_AM.png As can be seen here; c1 are have a normal note mark

I think this is c2's note in message problem (somewhere in logic), but ı have no idea about how can ı fix that. :(

So Do you have any idea about this s...t ? :?: :?

Thank you in advance logicprohelp family.

" My system; iMac i7 12gb - logic pro 9.1.8. - duet2 - m audio axiom pro keyboard on usb"

As an aside to this:

I spent an entire day a couple of months ago... trying to help a client who had a similar issue... He stated he had no control surfaces connected nor ever used one with Logic.. but every so often weird things would .. for no apparent reason.. such as volume changes, failure to start stop.... and so on.. Typical issues with external control surfaces but as he doesn't have any I was stumped as to the cause. Eventually I got him to delete the CS plist and bingo.. it all worked normally but what caused it in the first place?

Turned out... it was his iPad.... He had installed and ran TouchOSC I think... (It may have been another one of those sort of apps.. cannot recall exactly) and then forgot all about it... and left it running in the background of his iPad... which in turn would affect Logic in all kinds of weird and wonderful ways... No one had told him about double pressing the home button and halting background running apps on the iPad....

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Indeed if I bypass all control surfaces the note works fine but i soon as I uncheck this option I still get the same problem.

I deleted all surfaces in Logic. Again even with no surfaces, if I don't check "bypass all surfaces" I can not play C2...

Someone mentioned deleting the CS plist ?? how can I do that?

Thank you for your help.

I have the exact same problem. Indeed if I bypass all control surfaces the note works fine but i soon as I uncheck this option I still get the same problem.

Yes, Bypassing All Control Surfaces is good for troubleshooting but doesn't actually fix anything (unless you leave it checked forever).

I deleted all surfaces in Logic. Again even with no surfaces, if I don't check "bypass all surfaces" I can not play C2...

You have that note assigned to some parameter in Logic via Logic's Controller Assignments. So, open it the Controller Assignments window (Shift-Option-K, assuming you have Logic Pro X), go to the Expert View and delete the assignment for that note.

Trashing the Control Surfaces preference file will also fix the problem but it will also delete all assignments you may have in the Controller Assignments window. You'll find the file in your user Preferences folder (which is hidden if you're using OS 10.7.x or newer).

J.