How to install the sound libary to my hard disk !?

AzzlackGER

Hello! Hallo!

I got a new macbook pro with retina (256 GB SSD). I got logic pro 9.0.

how can i install the original sound libary from logic in to my usb 3.0 hard disk drive?

This tip from apple doesn´t work lol: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1038

If i put the libary on my hard disk, the folder are empty lol...But why?

I can´t open the folder in logic! You must understand, i got only 256GB SSD and this is not much!

All plug-ins have many GB! And i would like to use ONLY THE MAIN product (Logic pro 9) on my SSD.

And the rest (Libary) on my 1TB USB 3.0 Hard disk. This is a very important problem because if doesn´t work 100%

i give the macbook back to apple (Money back) lol

Thanks from Germany

"]This tip from apple doesn´t work lol: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1038

If i put the libary on my hard disk, the folder are empty lol...But why?

It should work fine, I've done it several times. Which folders are you talking about? Did you by any chance first install everything on your system drive, then try to move them to the external drive?

I can´t open the folder in logic!

Logic can only open .logic files, not folders. You access the data in other ways from the project file in Logic: settings from the Library, loops from the Loop browser, exs instruments from the EXS24 library or setting menu.

"]You must understand, i got only 256GB SSD and this is not much!

256GB is enough to install Logic along with ALL its additional content on the system drive. In fact, I would recommend you do so.

"]All plug-ins have many GB!

What plug-ins? 3rd party plug-ins? Which ones? Logic's plug-ins are contained within Logic's code, don't take much space at all, and are always installed on the system drive.

"]And i would like to use ONLY THE MAIN product (Logic pro 9) on my SSD.

Why?

My first time yes! If i start logic pro 9 i click "uppgrade" and choose my usb 3.0 external drive on my new folder "Logic Libary" the rest of the installation is on my ssd intern. If the installation finish i look my external drive on the folder "Logic Libary" and the folder are empty! But why? I start logic and i opend the libary folder and i choose my hard disk usb and the folder is also empty!

I know 256GB ssd is enough but in the future is not so much and my usb 3.0 have 500GB for onother apps like music, pictures, sound libary, or another apps to dont put in on my ssd. Only importand apps on my ssd!

Plug-Ins like Nexus etc. yes 3rd plug-ins. I would like the main app Logic on my ssd and all the rest files on the hard disk.

On the future i would like to install all apps on the usb drive but why on my ssd? Firefox is a small app and i dont want to use on my ssd. Its better if i install the pro on my usb. Thats a example but why i install all pro on my ssd. The ssd is full of apps and i got in next mouth like 10GB ssd and msy usb have 500! The external is not intended for pictures and music mp3 files lol, but also for other programs or stuff like that. Many progs are not important to install on my ssd like sound libary or firefox or onother small progs.

Archived