This song is giving me a cold, but why?!

Roughly a minute in 10 seconds in, the song goes into it's "drop."

Yet it sounds like I'm listening to the song in an entirely different room, through thick walls, while doped up on nyquil.

And it's atrocious. In a bad way. As in the negative kind of 'bad', not the cool 'bad.'

Anyways, any guesses as to why? It feels like they ran the whole thing through some bizarre distortion/saturation or convolution, or perhaps tight early reflections. That, or it's just incredibly poorly mixed.

P.S.– if this is better suited for the lounge, feel free to move it.

Ive noticed theres a lot of influence coming from the trap scene, I think with all that verb they are trying to create that big trap synth sound.

Skrillex did it with a bit more class tho.

Okey i tried but couldn't get that to display as a vid instead of a link :(

Ive noticed theres a lot of influence coming from the trap scene, I think with all that verb they are trying to create that big trap synth sound.

Skrillex did it with a bit more class tho.

Okey i tried but couldn't get that to display as a vid instead of a link :(

put the youtube tags around 'PoTp-TaOf_0'. Though I'm not sure how to embed a start time.

The Reason sounds far more punchier and far less drained; the verb is concentrated on the synth, not the entire mix. I must also add that in a car with a really saturated sub-range, that song is pretty intense.

Thanks will try that next time.

The Reason sounds far more punchier and far less drained; the verb is concentrated on the synth, not the entire mix. I must also add that in a car with a really saturated sub-range, that song is pretty intense.

Yeah I think that's where they messed up, they obviously intended it to sound like that but as you say it's not got the punch of Skrillex's.