Solo / Mute toggle on the same audio channel - SOLVED

Zippy

Hi,

I need a solution for a simple thing. I want to engage "solo" on an audio track and once I switch solo

off, this channel should automatically get muted. I tried the environment and got a solution

via a button leading to some transformers. This works fine, but I dont want the extra button.

I just want to toggle "solo" and "mute" automatically on the same channel ...

Can somebody help ?

Best,

Zippy.

Edited by Zippy

You do not have to toggle: if you mute a soloed track, it mutes.

To get exactly what you wanted you'll need to assign them both to one external MIDI switch, using cmd-L (MIDI learn). You can then (in the Controller Assignments window, expert view) invert the multiplier on one of them (default is 1.00, change it to -1.00).

Hi Erik,

thanks for replying. But what does happen exactly, when I hit "mute" on a "soloed" track ?It mutes, right.

... to "unsolo" this track, I have to hit "solo" again and that´s not what I want.

I need a solution for hitting "solo" -> track is in "solo" mode, I hit "solo" again -> track is in "mute" status.

And I want this with no extra buttons or controllers ...

Best,

Chris.

Hi Shiver,

Thanks, I found this already and it helps a little, but it´s not what I search for ... in this environment patch there

is a button to control the function and I do not want an "extra" button. Simply hit "solo" on -> solo, then switch "solo" off -> mute ...

Best,

Chris.

Hi Erik,

thanks for replying. But what does happen exactly, when I hit "mute" on a "soloed" track ?It mutes, right.

... to "unsolo" this track, I have to hit "solo" again and that´s not what I want.

I need a solution for hitting "solo" -> track is in "solo" mode, I hit "solo" again -> track is in "mute" status.

Chris.

And why not do exactly that, only with the mute button? So the track is always in solo, you hit mute > it's muted, you hit mute again > it's soloed.

Then you can actually do it with one key. It is not possible to assign one keycommand to two actions. That can only be done with controller assignments. If you really really want it exactly the way you describe it, there may be one possible solution, using the Caps Lock keyboard. Have to test that first though, not sure if it can do what I think it can.

Hi Shiver,

Thanks, I found this already and it helps a little, but it´s not what I search for ... in this environment patch there

is a button to control the function and I do not want an "extra" button. Simply hit "solo" on -> solo, then switch "solo" off -> mute ...

Best,

Chris.

That is exactly what this does.

In the Mixer screen, you click on the Solo button and the channel will solo, click on solo again and the track mutes.

There is no 'extra' button.

Hi Erik,

Chris.

And why not do exactly that, only with the mute button? So the track is always in solo, you hit mute > it's muted, you hit mute again > it's soloed.

Then you can actually do it with one key. It is not possible to assign one keycommand to two actions. That can only be done with controller assignments. If you really really want it exactly the way you describe it, there may be one possible solution, using the Caps Lock keyboard. Have to test that first though, not sure if it can do what I think it can.

But the track stays in "solo" mode ... it´s not the way I need it ...

Me timbers did shiver! You put a transformer... BETWEEN the SAME channel strip - yes, between the same channel strip... and all it does is change (any) data byte 3 into data byte 9... That's some serious Mogic (Logicmagic) I'm disproportionately impressed... :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was over three years ago. :lol:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218534#p218534

Me timbers did shiver! You put a transformer... BETWEEN the SAME channel strip - yes, between the same channel strip... and all it does is change (any) data byte 3 into data byte 9... That's some serious Mogic (Logicmagic) I'm disproportionately impressed... :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was over three years ago. :lol:

So what? I'm still no less baffled. Or should I say flabbergasted?

It does not work with the keycommand though, only via mouseclick.

The Audio (reference) channel is cloned in the Environment using Opt key when selecting and dragging the channel.

I was going to say... no need to make a copy of the channel strip! But then I clicked the link and I notice I already said that 3 years ago. :lol:

Hi David,

I tried to cable the output of the transformer directly to the input of my track channel I want to control ... does not work ... only the "cloning" technique is doing the job ...

Best,

Zippy.

I tried to cable the output of the transformer directly to the input of my track channel I want to control ... does not work ... only the "cloning" technique is doing the job ...

You can add a delay (set to 1 tick for example) after the transformer - then cable it back into the same channel strip. It then works during playback only (which is when you'd want to use this anyway).

You can add a delay (set to 1 tick for example) after the transformer - then cable it back into the same channel strip. It then works during playback only (which is when you'd want to use this anyway).

That´s the trick ... thank you ... works great ...

Edited by Zippy