Environment > Transformer > Pitch > Random note [SOLVED]

Chandra Pars

Hi,

Trying to output a random note for any given MIDI note as the input. The random note is to be picked from a set of notes specified.

Followed these steps:

1. In the Transformer window, 'Mode' is set to default.

2. Under 'Conditions', made only one change, Status to '= Note'.

3. In the 'Operations' area, only the third column (pitch) is changed. Here, items such as 'Add', 'Sub', 'Min' and 'Max' work as expected. But with the same setup, choosing 'Random' does not work.

The 'Random' option gives a range of notes we can select, for example, say C3 to B3. But it works as if 'Thru' is chosen. (Pls see snapshot if reqd).

Seems some additional setting is required to make it work.. Any help please?

Regards,

Chandra

Random-Note-Function.jpg.9e9eee045a446c5a1ae5f771354862d6.jpg

Edited by Chandra Pars

What you did should work, everything looks correctly configured. I'll see how it behaves here...

{later...}

:( Rats! I cannot get it to work either. It just does nothing. Defining a pitch range (instead of Pitch: all) does not make a difference either.

1506408978_pic2013-01-17at16_07_50.PNG.02d76bfc7759f56e537978a40f57b16e.PNG

Edited by Eriksimon

Sorry, two people, two opinions ... in ableton live there is no need starting the sequencer to generate a clock for the arp ... in "every" au synth plugin I bought there is no need to let the sequencer run to fire up the arp ... in my old SH-101 I engage the arp function ... and it is arpeggiating ....

Logic does not generate a clock when its in "stop" mode ... that´s the problem .. it´s by design ...

Beside that - and a few other issues - Logic is still the best sequencer for me ...

Sorry, two people, two opinions ...

Eh, no, that's not "opinion", that's fact. Arpeggiators do need some sort of clock to run. And some synths do have their own built in system that (can) run independent of whether or not Logic is playing, such as Ultrabeat or Albino or Podolski or Zebra e.a.

Neither of these facts depend on opinion.

Sheldon: Thanks to you, my career is over and I will spend the rest of my life here in Texas trying to teach evolution to creationists.

Mrs Cooper: You watch your mouth, Shelly. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

Sheldon: Evolution isn’t an opinion, it’s fact.

Mrs Cooper: And that is your opinion.

I see! Makes it even stranger that realtime doesn't work... the code is there, and to me the transformation from the region notes happens instantaneously, as far as I can tell... Dr. Gerhard, what were you thinking here...? :roll:

Maybe some objects to work require that the data be processed through MIDI thru first?