Side Chain Processor and Side Chain Gate

theprodguy

How do you use these two Ultrabeat kits?

I guess the Side Chain Processor acts like any other side chain trigger so you just send it to a bus, add a Compressor on the track you want and select the SC source.

What about the Side Chain Gate? I can't understand how to use it. I've looked online but haven't found anything, and nothing in the manual...

I guess the Side Chain Processor acts like any other side chain trigger so you just send it to a bus, add a Compressor on the track you want and select the SC source.

I'm not sure what you mean there, but no, that's not how that works.

Both those settings work by sidechaining an audio signal into Ultrabeat. You choose the signal from the side chain menu at the top right of your Ultrabeat window. Ultrabeat is then gating that audio signal depending on the MIDI notes programmed on that particular pitch.

Hope that makes sense?

If I were you I'd start with the Side Chain Gate. In fact I personally never use the Side Chain Processor, which layers drum sounds along with the gated side chain audio signal - I personally don't have any use for it.

By the way don't forget to turn the volume all the way down on your audio track so you only hear the signal from Ultrabeat.