Multi-Output Device in Lion

RedBaron

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a Multi-Output device in Lion 10.7.5. However, in Logic 9.1.8 (and Live 8.2.8 ) and AU Lab, the multi-output device only shows up as a stereo output.

Also, in Audio MIDI Setup, it only says "0 in, 2 Out". It should say 0 In, 66 Out.

Do multi-output devices work properly in Lion 10.7.5?

Multi-Output_Device_in_Lion_10.7.5.thumb.png.65b9838d49dc555765e371bc7b3fdfa2.png

By "mirrors", do you mean the audio sent to the multi-output device is COPIED to all output devices/drivers included in the multi-output device?

So I can't send different audio to different outputs? Is this just a fancy digital audio MULT?

Seems my understanding of the multi-output device was completely wrong. I thought this was just like an Aggregate, but for outputs only??

By "mirrors", do you mean the audio sent to the multi-output device is COPIED to all output devices/drivers included in the multi-output device?

So I can't send different audio to different outputs? Is this just a fancy digital audio MULT?

Seems my understanding of the multi-output device was completely wrong. I thought this was just like an Aggregate, but for outputs only??

No, an aggregate would give you discrete outputs (and it would say 66), which is what you seem to want/need. I use the multi as extra headphone sockets, and for my two sets of speakers/monitors. If I wanted different mixes on different outputs, I'd have to choose my aggregate output, because then I can address those outputs individually from the Logic mixer

OK, thanks for the info.

As it happens, I was looking into using a Multi-Output Device precisely because the Aggregates I've set up are giving strange latency results (the output of the UCX appearing 91 samples after the Prism Orpheus). I was trying to see if a Multi Output Device worked any better, but it's a different beast.

Cheers anyway!