Controller Assignments don't record? [SOLVED]

peachboy

Hello.

I have a multitude of different controller assignments and I've suddenly realised that none of them seem to be recordable without going into Write or Touch mode. I don't quite understand why this is, as all other MIDI CC events (such as modulation for example) are recordable just as though they were Note Events.

So I might be recording a keyboard line and altering the Freq Cut Off and Resonance via some configured rotary encoders - sounds great while recording, but upon playback only the recorded notes are there. The Cut Off and Resonance movements have not been recorded.

Why is this?

I take for granted that you are already aware that to playback recorded Automation, you have to set your track in Read mode...

What is recorded in a MIDI region is MIDI data.

In order to have the CutOff recorded as MIDI events, you would have to assign a CC to actuate your CutOff.

However, it is always possible to convert your already recorded automation into MIDI data.

Edited by Atlas007

I have a multitude of different controller assignments and I've suddenly realised that none of them seem to be recordable without going into Write or Touch mode. I don't quite understand why this is, as all other MIDI CC events (such as modulation for example) are recordable just as though they were Note Events.

That's the expected behaviour.

Once you've made assignments using Logic's Learn mode, the CC's you used for the assignments can't be recorded to a region as hyper draw as you normally would ...(unless you enable the Bypass All Control Surfaces preference, for example).

If you want to "record" the assigned controllers, you need to choose an automation mode (touch or latch) and simply press play to record as track automation.

J.