Working Efficient with Varispeed?

ptdogg

I have a song that needs to go from 85bmp to 90..I use varispeed but i hear popping and i understand (high track count)...So i'm thinking if it's best i activate varispeed and then bounce "each individual track" and then import all those into a "new session" that way i don't have to tax the system using varispeed...Does this sound efficient or too much work? Or is there an easier way...i use waves plug ins and so i'm pushing my system already and varispeed just pushes it over...

Thanks,

Donald..

Thanks strikingtwice..It's the whole song that needs to be bumped up. I haven't tried the flex thing yet. I find it not as easy. . I have to go to each individual track, flex it,click follow tempo...varispeed is so much easier but i'm sure it's harder on the system. The problem is that i still have to record vocals, bass and guitar on it. So i think it's best to record them at 85 still, then once i'm done, bump everything up that way everything originally is at the same tempo...Any suggestions tips, i'm all ears...(or vision since i can't actually hear you)...

Thanks,

P.S. i really like your "doesn't mean i know everything"...lol...

I think if you group all the tracks you can get them to do the Flex analysis all in one go. Actually, it's sequential if memory serves but still fairly automatic. Afterward, you can change any track's Flex mode to what you would need.

You'd think varispeed would be a great one shot deal but I always find it sounds glitchy in Speed only mode. Others apparently have some success with it but it's never been that kind of magic bullet for me.